Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Wild Critters !

The garage door was accidentally left open a crack last Friday night.

Early Saturday as I headed out for a peaceful morning swim, I came face to face with this creature.

Why did it come into our garage and how did it find the only water there?? (this little puddle is run-0ff from our swimming suits as they hang to dry)

I wouldn't think that our yard was wet enough to support such wildlife.




I immediately called my knight in shining armor, the protector of our home, my beloved . . . . . . . Ken . . . . . and he bare handedly (is that a word?) captured the offending creature and returned it to the wilds of the backyard. My Hero!! Hooray!

Imagine if I hadn't noticed it and had
stepped on it!!!



6 comments:

The Sisson Clan said...

Okay, okay, so how big was this terrible creature anyway? We need a point of reference or something. I'm glad Dad wasn't injured by the vicious intruder. ;-) - GJ

Test said...

Cute little frog...I can't believe Matthew didn't save it for a school project ;-)

The Sisson Clan said...

Dear GJ,

That intruder was a little OVER three inches in body length! A true monster!

The mere thought of stepping on him -----"shudder"

Mom =)

Anonymous said...

EEEWWW! Hooray for knights in shining armor!

The pictures of the airshow were awesome!
Are you totally detesting this weather?? Hooray for fall and winter!!
Gina

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is an impressive frog! Not a typical toad. I'm surprised you have such an exotic animal in your midst. I, too, am amazed someone didn't capture it for observation or something!

That said, I am sure it was probably poisonous, Mrs. Sisson. =)

--Lisa Jungheim

Anonymous said...

How can you live through such a potentially dangerous creature's presense so close to your house, in the garage even? It is a good thing you saw it in time! What if it had gooshed!!! Congratulations on your narrow escape from such dangers.

~TD