Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tea for Two

Gretchen and I went out to Antioch for tea yesterday
(as a reward for the achievement of a goal).

Before we had tea we went to several antique shops.
We also strolled around town and got some fun pictures.

In one antique store there were books in the back.
Ah.....


The tea place was called Infini- tea. There were so many kinds of tea,
probably at least thirty different kinds.



Gretchen's was called "Scarlet O'Peara".
My tea was called "Tiffany Rose Melody". It is a Green flowering tea.
When I read the description I did not understand what it meant.
It said that it was fun to watch when it was flowering.
Then when they brought it I understood.

The tea itself comes in a ball about the size of a quarter.
Then when it is put into the hot water it expands.

It smells like Moroccan roses, but the flavor is very mild.

Yes I know that the flash is bad, but when we tried it
without the flash it was blurry.

Gretchen saw these flowers and said she had to get my picture here.

This antiques store was closed, but it was neat with the stained glass in the window.


This wall is part of a restaurant, it is right next
to the iron gate in the first picture.

Afterwards we went across the street to a chocolate/fudge place.
The chocolate was delicious!
( as if we needed more sugar after all the tea we had! )

( - ; - Haley

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you both had a great time! Thanks for sharing the pictures. And, there is always room for chocolate and fudge in a person's life :-)

Katie W.

Anonymous said...

That looks like it was a good afternoon. You guys had some fun plases to take pictures too. What was the goal that was accomplished?

~TD

The Sisson Clan said...

Oh, just a little challenge I gave Haley. You'll have to ask her in person if you want more details. ;-) - GJ

Anonymous said...

What wonderful "sister time." :-)
Lovely pictures of you and Haley. :-)
Kristen Bruce

Anonymous said...

What fun! It's always so nice to have a reason to dress up and have some girl time.

Aliza

Unknown said...

Sounded like a fun time! I found some wonderful flowering teas at a little site called www.tealaden.com - Seems like they are adding new ones every week. I have a glass teapot and they make a wonderful presentation when serving tea to my guests. I love the way it opens and the flowers that seem to come from nowhere.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip Kaydee! I love the recipes and tips!! Your blog is now a service site! =)

Lisa

Test said...

No new post...I was hoping that I'd see what's going on ;-) I know that KP is finally back!

HP

Anonymous said...

That street in Antioch is right by my grandparent's house! As familiar as I am with the street, I have never been to the "Infini-tea" place yet! I heard it is very nice, though. Looks like a fun day.

Jessica

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Sisson Clan said...

Dear Megan,

We got your comment. We look forward to getting to know you better and will get in touch with you soon.

Blessings,
Mrs. Sisson

{We removed your comment to protect your personal information.}

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you are all out doing lots of exciting things that we'll soon be reading all about?? We miss you!!

Your fans,
The Jungheims

Test said...

No new post in a week!
heather

TulipGirl said...

Nine days of no blogging!?! Are the Sissons all okay?

Jones Family said...

I go to school, and so decrease my comments and all blogging vanishes.

Poof.


Gone.


Although I have school, I can still look at your blog to see if anything new has shown up. What happened after we left last weekend.

~TD