Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Nate's news

Hi All, Nate signing in to tell you about some of the things that I have done this past week.......


Monday,
August 20, 2007 - S.W.A.T called in to the Sisson Home


Since a few years ago, I have been a part of the S.W.A.T. (Seeping Water Amelioration Team). So when dad woke me up (at 5:30 in the morning) to help him stem the whelming flood, I bravely answered the call. This time there were some new developments. After the last flood, we thought that we had the problem isolated to one area. But this time, we discovered that there was a different area that was leaking.
So I sopped and dad searched (man, where did we put the caulk??) . For a while it was looking grim. The water was coming in a little faster than I could sop it up. But against all odds (you should trying looking for something in our garage) dad found the caulk and we stopped the flood. It also helped that it stopped raining. I had to run out, buy more caulk and do the finishing touches on the fix.



Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - Nate Starts Feeling Blue

Yes it is true, I feel green no more. I am done with lesser things, or belts as the case may be. Last night I moved to blue belt in aikido.

Don't mess with the blue belt.


My favorite side kick.


We are also trained to use anything as a weapon...



...this is the dust mop defense. ;)


Nate, signing out.

So what do you think is more frightening? Nate's look, the dust mop, or the dog hairs that are flying all around because of the mop??? ---- JS =)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your fans are THRILLED with the number of recent posts!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Fun times.. Our basement flooded because of the rain.. and just think, there is more to come! Oh boy.. The basement was just recently finished, too.

Jessica

Anonymous said...

We have had tons of rain the past few days! Fortunately we live on a hill and don't have a basement! On Tuesday I thought I might not make it home from work, I have to cross two bridges and there was flash flood warnings! Thankfully I made it home, I didn't really want to spend the night in the office!! :)
Congrats on the blue belt!
NK

Test said...

Way to go on the blue belt! Nice face!
heather

Anonymous said...

You know, since I have recently been out of favor, I didn't want to mention it.

But it has been FOREVER since you guys put something up. Just a little friendly reminder.

~TD

Anonymous said...

I will echo the sentiment above. I am waiting for the pictures from the weekend. Didn't you attend a wedding or something picture-worthy like that? ;-)

See you in a few days,
Faith

The Sisson Clan said...

Dear TD,
You can NEVER be out of favor with this clan! Keep your comments flowing.