Monday, July 16, 2007

Oops . . . . . .

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

We went up to the Lainio Family Cabin in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, this weekend to paint the garage. I can't believe we had so much fun, and we finished the whole garage in two days! Of course, that didn't leave much leisure time, but we did get in our traditional game of "Wahoo!". I won, but it was pretty tense at the end, with Matthew just a dice roll away from a resounding victory.

The sad part of the weekend has to do with the camera. Do you notice all the non-pictures on this post? Well, we took the camera along. Someone even faithfully took pictures of us all as we worked. We got great pictures.
  • Haley and I working with orange lilies in our hair.
  • Daddy and Kyle up on ladders.
  • Matthew showing off his painting muscles.

The picture taker (who will remain unnamed to protect the humiliated) faithfully put the camera back in the same spot after every use, so he/she would remember where it was.

Unfortunately, the spot moved. The spot was the front bumper of the van.

We walked the driveway and road several times. Even the neighbors and the guests at their cookout looked. We drove very slowly back into town with our emergency flashers on and Matthew hanging out of the window. The camera was gone.

So, here are our pictures of the weekend at the cabin. . . . . . .


Kyle and I painting the side of the garage.



Matthew painting and Haley scraping.



I sure hope that camera didn't have any embarrassing pictures on it. - GJ


15 comments:

Test said...

OH NO!! I hope you find your camera, but I have to admit that I love the pictures...looks like fun ;-)

Anonymous said...

I am sooo glad you guys returned so that you could post. It is a bummer that you lost your camera, but the pictures are incredible. Great Job!
I was wondering why KP and GS were painting in different colors on the same side of the garage? I thought that was a little, shall we say, strange. I am glad you had a good time and it will be good to see you soon.

~TD

Anonymous said...

I was wondering why KP and GS were painting in different colors on the same side of the garage? I thought that was a little, shall we say, strange.

That was artistic license.
Nate

Anonymous said...

I hope it wasn't the new camera....?

Aliza

Anonymous said...

That's a big "oops".. Sorry to hear that.

Who did the artwork? I like Matthew's muscles.. ha.

Jessica Dunn

Anonymous said...

Does Kyle have a job? Because it seems like he is always at your house free loading?


GB

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I am sorry about the camera, but I laughed so hard at the pictures!
Gina

The Sisson Clan said...

Yes, it was my NEW camera! UGH.

JS

The Sisson Clan said...

Tim,
You noticed KP and GS painting two different colors, did you notice me painting the roof?? ;-}

Matthew

The Sisson Clan said...

Hello GB!

It's true. That Kyle is such a free loader! We have only gotten him to scrape and paint half the garage, weed the flower beds, work at the convention and fix a tractor. Sigh.

But not to worry we have ways to equal out the food bill. "heh heh" We send Nate down when Gretchen goes to visit. During their last trip the cousins all showed up for two meals! We still have many more hungry relatives to spring on Kyle.

=) JS
(we look forward to meeting you sometime)

Anonymous said...

I did the wonderful artwork on this post. I spent hours laboring over every detail....... ok, well I spent 15 minutes and did not worry about the details that much.
Nate

Anonymous said...

Your eye for detail is great:).. I am laughing so hard, because it reminds me of how my brother's draw.. (when they do draw which is not often).. I remember doing school art projects (very seldom)..My brothers would be laying on the floor crying because they had to draw! Then there was me.. sitting there for hours wishing I could do it all day long! Ha ha.. Let me know if you ever want art lessons!

Jessica

Anonymous said...

hello! you never said if kyle had a job.

GB

The Sisson Clan said...

GB,

Kyle claims to have a job (or two), and rumor has it that he and Gretchen spent several happy days putting down floors together in the Oakland area. However, even with all the pictures they brought back, we have no photographic evidence to support these claims! :o}

-JS

Unknown said...

If you loose your camera its just a camera... but the pictures, thoose memories?

There is a webservice for you to sign up and see if someone have found your camera at www.lostyourcamera.com