Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Requests

At one of the bridal showers they gave out magnets with a picture of Kyle and Gretchen on it with a list of prayer requests that came from Gretchen. It's such a key time to pray for them as they are forming their relationship with each other--- establishing the way they communicate and react --- routines and habits etc.

Please join us as we pray for them. Here are the prayer requests that Gretchen shared with us . . . . .

-- "That I would be quick to turn to God in every question and need, sensitive and obedient to His leading in my actions, words, and decisions, and softhearted and teachable to receive the lessons and corrections He has for me."



--"For spiritual strength and growth to be able to love Kyle in the selfless and giving way that God desires."

--"For God's grace, guidance and help in forming new relationships and transitioning to life in a new region."


--"That God would continue to knit Kyle and I together, increase our unity and mold us into an effective team for His use."
I really liked this scripture and loved reading it in a whole variety of translations. Pick your favorite version and enjoy. This is what I pray for K&G. 2 Thessalonians 1:11

( After thinking about this scripture for a while I found I really liked it in "The Message" Bible. It's a version I don't even like, but every once in a while, I get really curious and decide to see how they thought it carried over to contemporary language. This is the part I liked-- "pray that our God will make (them) fit for what he's called (them) to be. . . )

No comments: