Friday, March 28, 2008

Cowboy Night

We had a cowboy dinner last night for Grandparent's night. Grandma Sisson looked so cute with her bandana and Navajo Indian made necklace. Grandpa Sisson had his bolo tie also made by their Navajo friends.


We ate on enamelware with red checked napkins. The menu consisted of Hot Dogs on Cast Iron, Chili with Cheese, Buttermilk Biscuits and Sarsaparillas. We had salad as well with Ranch dressing. =) We also had beef jerky on the side.

Aren't they cute. I love Dad's boots, but Grandma should never be given a gun.
She's dangerous!
I got a bunch of cowboy jokes off the internet and we had a good time laughing together. My favorites were these guidelines for life. Enjoy!

A Cowboy's Guide to Life

1. Don't squat with your spurs on.

2. Don't interfere with something that ain't bothering you none.

3. If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.

4. Always drink upstream from the herd.

5. Telling a man to git and making him do it are two entirely different propositions.

6. When you give a personal lesson in meanness to a critter or to a person don't be surprised if they learn their lesson.

7. If you're riding ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still back there.

8. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.

9. If you get to thinking you're a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around.

10. And never, ever, miss a good opportunity to shut up.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What fun! This is just great. I love the cowboy advice too. I might have to steal this idea some time. My boys would love it!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! I love the cowboy rules, good advice. :)

~Mandie

Anonymous said...

How cute!! Of course, I loved the dishes too! Oh what I would give for more cabinets to hold more dishes!
I loved the "Lessons from a Cowboy" too!

~Gina

The Hemmers said...

Aw, looks like you guys had a fun night! You're so creative. I love the fact that you have family so close and that you make the time to be together regularly.
Looking at these pictures makes me miss you guys! :( I hope we can see you soon.
~Melody

RM1(SS) (ret) said...

I love Dad's boots, but Grandma should never be given a gun.
She's dangerous!


Probably shouldn't let him have one, either.... 8)