Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Eggs

Tuesday some friends were here and we made decoupage' Easter eggs. I was having so much fun that I forgot to take pictures until everyone was gone! Oh I have got to get better about that. They had some of the cutest eggs. Unfortunately they took their eggs home with them. (the nerve) So here is a picture of some of the eggs I'm working on.

Some of these are Ukrainian Pysanky eggs that the kids did in past years. I'm varnishing them. The coats of varnish add strength to the shells so they don't crack or break as easily.

If you look closely, you will see my "Alien Egg" from this year. I tried an experiment. There's a black and white picture of Kyle and Gretchen that I decided to apply to an egg. Well, the ink reacted with the varnish and they---- well-----they turned green! Greener than what shows in the picture. Sigh.
Oh well they are cute aliens aren't they?

This year we did manage to hang our eggs on a branch. Sometimes when I can't find a good branch, we just hang them on the light fixture over the table.


All the beautiful colors remind me that spring is coming and with it all the new life. =)


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool eggs! I always loved dyeing eggs each Easter but, we haven't done it in the past couple of years. I wanted to, but we get brown farm eggs now from friends, and I didn't think they would look very pretty dyed. Oh well. It was fun looking at yours though--you guys are quite creative and artistic!

Hope to see you soon!

Faith

Unknown said...

Very creative! You guys do some neat projects.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

~Mandie

the Pollock family said...

Very pretty eggs! Happy Easter! :)

~Justin&Meg~ said...

Wow! How fun and creative you all are. Beautiful decorating!

~megan~

Littlecarlotta said...

I was just telling Jeff the other day about decorating pysanki eggs with your family. Fun memories!

Aliza

Anonymous said...

They are so pretty! We;ve done pysanky before but I forgot to do it thia year. My dad always decorates eggs with us and he is (surprisingly) really competitive. Happy Easter!

PS...Faith, dying brown eggs works great too-add vinegar to your dye tablets so the color is brighter and leave the eggs in longer-it makes a rich color...it works, trust me.

Gretchen said...

I love that second egg picture!