Thursday, June 21, 2007

Cherry Pies, Yum!


She can make a cherry pie Billy Boy, Billy Boy;
She can make cherry pie charming Billy.


She can make a cherry pie quick as a cat can wink it's eye.
But she's a young thing and can not leave her mother. ;)



On Friday evening before we left for the wedding, Matthew and I went out and picked eight cups of cherries. A bumper crop I must say for three small trees (and considering the number of black birds flying around). We got them just in time. :) On Monday I made two cherry pies, they were late Father's Day pies. Mom really likes the last line in the song. :) I flatter myself that the pies turned out wonderfully and that they were delicious.
Haley

5 comments:

The Sisson Clan said...

Haley,

Your cherry pies were excellent! You make fabulous desserts. Your apple dumplings are my favorite.

Love,
Mom

The Sisson Clan said...

PS I forgot to tell you that the whole family hopes you keep up these experiments!

The Sisson Clan said...

Wow, I never knew cherry pie could be so good! I've always thought cherry was just okay, but now I'm a convert - at least if Haley makes it fresh. Yummy! - GJ

Anonymous said...

Can you overnight cherry pie? It looks delicious!
I like the new blog background.

Aliza

Anonymous said...

Haley,
Your pie looks delicious!! I think pie is a hard dessert to make, the crust has to be just right, and it is definitely time consuming!

Natalie