Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Green Belts


Nate and I got our green belts in Kamido Aikido last night, and started working on the green techniques. We've been taking Aikido for a year this month. Green is the fourth belt, preceded by White (What are we doing?), Yellow (I'm beginning to realize how much I don't know) and Orange (I think I might be starting to get some of this!).

We tested last week. Nate was thinking he would go all the way to green, but I wasn't even planning on testing! Mr. Barr made me test and promoted me against my will . . . the green techniques are really scary! There's one move where you flip your attacker over you, while doing a backwards roll. Thankfully, we're not there yet. And I must admit, even though I didn't feel quite ready for it, green is such a nice color! - GJ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Contratulations! You guys are always up to something interesting!
Love, Colleen

Anonymous said...

lol, love the poses. Congratulations, you guys! Wouldn't want to me you in a dark alley!

Anonymous said...

It would be too hard to hide in a dark alley with the white uniforms on. So I guess you are safe.