Sunday, April 1, 2007

Egg-streme Fun!

For many years we have decorated eggs around Easter time.
Here we are decoupaging goose eggs. It was easy and fun to do.
After doing chicken eggs in the past, these eggs felt HUGE.

Haley's egg was covered in cut up pieces of tissue paper.

Gretchen used pictures of Beatrice Potter's characters
xeroxed from an old book.
I used vintage paper scraps from England.

TA DA!!

Here are the results. . . . . . three totally different looking eggs.
Later this week we hope make our favorite
style of egg: Ukrainian Pysanky eggs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom was telling me that she loves doing Pysanky eggs. I don't know when you were planning on doing them, but I am sure she would love to help you with them. ~Uncle TD

Anonymous said...

Dear Gretchen,
Your eggs are lovely, as are you. And also as are certain brown vintage dresses you make. Speaking of which, Gretchen, may I borrow the pattern of the dress you made and wore to Tim's graduation? Becca and Elli said they'd be willing to transport it safely to Indy. Thanks! Kendyl
P.S. Have a marvelous time with family this Easter.

The Sisson Clan said...

That's the brown wrap dress, right? I couldn't remember at first, but Mom set me straight on that one. Sure, I'll see what I can dig up. And I'll try not to let my charming cousins distract me from sending it down.

;-)- GJ

Anonymous said...

Your eggs are beautiful!!
Aliza and I have happy memories of decorating eggs at your house.
Natalie