Monday, April 9, 2007

Meditations: Lookin' Up!

Last week I ran across one of my favorite verses again, and I’ve been meditating on it ever since. The verse is Isaiah 26:3 “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee.” I love the phrase “perfect peace”, but recently I’ve been reflecting on the condition. To gain that peace, my mind must be stayed on Jesus.

Where is my mind staying these days? What am I meditating on, what am I considering, where do my thoughts “live”? My worries should cause me to run to Jesus in prayer. My desires should be submitted to Him in trusting contentment. My fears should be allowed to dissolve in the warmth of his omnipotent love. How often I allow my mind to stay on these other things, instead of on Jesus with His goodness, love and power.

Here are some of the words to a song that has been going through my head. It’s called “Looking Up”.


If I look out upon the world, I’ll loose my vision,
If I look in at my own strength, I’ll loose my might,
If I look down the road ahead, I’ll loose my courage,
So I’ll look to Christ, and my faith becomes sight!

I’m lookin’ up for the things that really matter,
I will not look to the things that pass away.
My hope is fixed upon eternal treasures,
So I’ll just keep on lookin’ up each day!


With God’s help, I’m lookin’ up. Jesus provides a great place for the mind to stay! - GJ

No comments: