Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Hearts fixed on Jesus

Saturday the 14th was the date set for a long anticipated tea, with the theme "Fixing our Hearts on Jesus". The Lord put it on my heart last year to do something with a number of different girls, and I've been praying and planning since last fall. It was a wonderful time!


I had a whole bunch of different girls (ages 13-19) and their moms, some old friends and some very new ones. Above, L-R Gramma Sisson, Gramma Glenna, Haley, me, Gretchen Mahkorn and Mrs. Mahkorn. Gretchen and her Mom drove all the way down from Milwaukee, and I feel so honored that they came!


Since I was the only person who had met everybody, we started with a little mixer game to help us get to know one another a little bit.


Above: Mariah Lewis and Gramma Glenna.
Everyone had a sheet of paper with nine different statements on it, such as "I have a spring birthday", "I like don't mind snakes", "I have three sisters" or "I've had a drivers licence for over twenty years". Then they had to go and get the signature of someone that was accurately described by that statement.


It didn't take too long for everyone to get their sheets filled up. Some ladies and girls even went for two signatures to a statement, just for the fun of it!


Above: Mallory Grutzius and Mrs. Heather Patenaude.
My dear friend Heather came to share what the Lord has taught her about Emotional Purity, saving our hearts for our future mate. You can read more about Heather and the book she wrote at www.emotionalpurity.blogspot.com


Above: Gramma Glenna and Mrs. Rdzok.
Prov. 31 says that the godly woman does her husband good all the days of her life, not just after she is married. We can do our future husband good right now by not investing our emotions and thoughts in the young men that are around us, but by saving our heart for him.


1 Cor. 7:35 says that the purpose of singleness is to serve the Lord with undistracted devotion. As young unmarried ladies, we need to fix our minds on Jesus, reading His word, learning to hear His voice, following His leading, and falling in love with our Lord!


After the talk was finished, I had somthing special to give to the girls. The Lord gave me a love letter from scripture for each one. I know it was hard for some to wait to open them until they went home! We ended our time with tea and treats.


I am always blessed by time spent with others who love Jesus and are seeking to follow His ways. Thank you all for coming! I enjoyed the time with you girls, and I am excited to see God's good work displayed in your lives as you submit to Him! - GJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sisson Clan! Nice to see you have a blog! Heather sent it to me. It will be nice to see what you're up to these days! Love, Colleen

Anonymous said...

I used nice twice....Oh, well, I'm so tired :-) Colleen