Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Revolutionary War Dress Fabric

Haley has started her dress sewing for our history study this year.

She's been pouring over her fashion history books getting ideas to implement. Should be fun to see what all she comes up with. I love her creativity.


She got some great ideas for what she wants and will of course be altering the pattern. You know she can't just make it the way it says. She wants it to be authentic. "smile"

Matthew's clothing will include more exciting things like skins, knives, hats, canteens, and maybe a pistol! I love studying history this way.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh how fun!! I made a Revolutionary dress out of that very same pattern! (only I made my own changes to it (can one ever follow the pattern?!) :D
Happy sewing!

The Capp Crew said...

The fabric looks lovely! I hope I get a chance to see it when it is finished! The best part about sewing is taking a pattern and personalizing it. Have fun Haley! :)

The Hemmers said...

Fun,fun!!!

Unknown said...

Jacob just read a book on the Revolutionary War. Then he told me how much he'd like to go to England, but he's scared to. I asked him why and he said, "I'm not sure the queen will like us so much!" ;)