Friday, September 18, 2009

At the Cabin

Labor Day weekend was Alaina's first trip to the cabin!! I'm sure that she will remember it as one of the highlights of her first year of life. "grin"

I love this smile of Alaina's.

I think she looks like one of Kyle's sisters. (Sorry to bring up that topic. You'll probably hear about it for years. "sheepish shrug")




Alaina brought one of her favorite toys. Her daddy grew it for her in his garden. We named it "baby watermelon". =) I couldn't believe it, she really does like to play with it and it's fun.

Morning at the Lake
The canoe is ready.

Uncle Matty got to feed little Miss.

Did I mention that she loves to eat??

Later that day we went over to the neighbor's to see their new bathroom. I love this sink and faucet. They even have an automatically closing toilet!!! (Ladies of the world rejoice.)

This is Dave. He and Debbie's house is decorated so well. Many of the things they have used they've made themselves and reflect who they are. They told me that I'd be surprised at what they'd added to their family room. I was!! Dave's a "hunter extraordinaire". . . . no??

How do you dust an Elk??


We had a little bonfire in the evening.







Ken and the Phillips Clan left on Monday. The kids and I stayed through Wednesday.
There was a bit of work to do.


Haley and I worked inside while Matthew tested his more artistic abilities.
Somehow anything is more fun when you get to climb on the roof.

2 comments:

The Capp Crew said...

I love the picture of the sunrise! The cabin looks like a pretty place:)

Ahna

Anonymous said...

Ooohhhh....that looks like so much fun! And Gretchen, we love your haircut!! You all look so happy!
Alaina is beautiful!
Love from~ The Pollocks