Tuesday, September 18, 2007

While we were gone . . .

Greetings Friends!

School has started and we've fallen a bit behind on our blogging. Sadly, we will have to cut back the number of our posts. We are not disappearing off the face of the earth, just simply prioritizing our time.

Now we'll try to do some catching up!

Oakland Update

Earlier this month, Haley and I took a trip down to Oakland to visit Kyle. While there, we got to tend the store for a day! I'm learning lots about flooring and furniture and I got to arrange his beautiful new artwork.


It was so much fun placing the pictures to compliment the furniture and playing with layouts! Haley was my able assistant, holding pictures in place so I could step back to take in the overall look.


Ahh . . . too comfy! The store is a dangerous place to sit at the end of a long day. ;-)


I also got to go down and visit Kyle's folks on their lovely farm. Sunday after church, Kyle took me to a park on the Mississippi River. I loved the view!


The whole area where Kyle grew up is so pretty, with forested hills guarding the lush farms in the valley. The wildlife is different too, everything from poisonous hairy red ants and water moccasins to indigo buntings and bald eagles! It was quite a treat for this flatlander. - GJ

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally!! I've only been in torment you know ;)

Aliza

Test said...

Aliza...I agree...all these long spans with no new posts! Finally!!

Thanks for the update!
heather

Anonymous said...

Yippee! An update. Sounds like they have some interesting critters down there.

Capp family

Anonymous said...

Ah! You ARE alive!! It's so great to have you back! We will have to asjust to a slower pace.

It's good to see Kyle again, too. It had been a while!

=)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Gretchen! Oakland looks lovely!

~Gina