Monday, April 18, 2011

Morning Wake Up

 This is the happy scene that I woke up to this morning, 
April 18th, 2011!

I look out this window and watch the birds as I work at my computer .  
The warblers who have just started to arrive looked a bit confused. 

This is out the other window in my bedroom.  
The tractor is still out there having just tilled up the garden patch a couple of days ago. 

I love the view of our deck covered with snow.


Those of you who prefer summer, do not worry.  By the end of the day it was mostly gone.  The water in the gutters was making that lovely rushing sound like when it rains; but it was just our last winter hurrah melting away in spring's company.

5 comments:

Tete said...

OOOOH! You can keep that up there- I had enough to do me until later, much later, this year. LOL
We could have some severe storms coming today and tonight. I've got Gretchen's cell number so I can let her know if something bad is coming or the sirens go off here in town. Kyle said he would be in Effingham on a job and wanted me to call if the weather turns nasty.
Tis the season for weird weather, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I cannot imagine. We (southern Okla) have been in the 90's for several weeks now and are having a drought. We've not had measurable rain since January, I believe, and we need some moisture badly. Maybe send some of that our way? ;) We'd love a bit of snow! Ha, ha!

Lisa J.

The Sisson Clan said...

As I sit here writing we are having a thunderstorm! This afternoon during the rain there was hail!!
I guess this is Chicago, if you don't like the weather just wait a few hours. smile

Tete - thanks for watching out for our girl! hugs

Lisa - I'd love to send you some showers. As for the snow I'm not so willing to share. I love snow! grin

Tete said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and your family and praying that your dad's journey to the Father is an easy passing. He will be waiting for you with arms wide open when it comes your time to cross over and God calls you home. May God hold you in His arms as Jesus embraces your dad...
Hugs- Tete

TulipGirl said...

I just heard about Grandpa Bud. Though I know he's worshiping in heaven, I'm sad with you and Grandma Glenna. Praying for peace during this difficult time.