Thursday, April 14, 2011

My First Book

I now have one book to my name.  smile 
I wrote it, illustrated it, and produced it all by my lonesome.  grin
The reason for this book is so that Alaina and Stephen (and future children) can enjoy our "company" any time they want!


 Child Friendly Cover

It took quite a while to put it together, but it was really fun and rewarding.  I went on line and downloaded a bunch of digital pictures and had them printed.  Then I pulled out my scrapbooking supplies and some colored file folders. 

 Each two page spread represents primarily one member of the family.  This is Ken's spread. 

I glued on the pictures making sure to have a few pictures of other family members.  This is Grandma and Grandpa L's spread.  Many wonderful memories in these pages. 

Here is Andrew's section.  Notice the flip-up flap (try to say that fast ten times!!) in the right top corner.  You lift it up with the ribbon. 

Orange is Nate's favorite color.
 
Each of the flip-ups asks a question.  To find the answer you look under the flap. 

The person under each flap is the same as who is featured on the two page spread.  Matthew's flap was a little hard to come up with.  He is growing and changing so much.  Anyone who has seen him lately can tell that these pictures are a bit outdated!  Hopefully his nose won't change that much?

Then I added stickers of things that the person likes.  You know a chance for increasing vocabulary!  Once a home school mom, always a home school mom. 

 Pink is my favorite color!

I was thinking of those wonderful I Spy books.  So around the outside I wrote things that they could look for on the pages.  On the dark pages it was tricky because I had to find a white pen that wouldn't fade away. 

Can you find a caboose? 


 The End

Since there can sometimes be a while between our visits, this helps keep us connected.  It was a wonderfully fun project. 
Hugs and Kisses to Alaina and Stephen!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet!

Linda said...

Such a fun idea! I can see those creative juices are still flowing! LOL!