Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Library Day

We love going to the Library. Haley, Matthew and I went today and here's the majority of our loot! I've started getting resources for this year's history study. I of course also had to pick up a couple of cookbooks. The Deceptively Delicious cookbook has the most interesting recipes. They have a chocolate chip cookie recipe that includes chickpeas!! (I'll let you know if they are any good.)

Haley is pouring over fashion history and costuming books as well as her research on the reformation.
Matthew's been intrigued by the book Better Than a Lemonade Stand full of money making ideas for kids. He's also looking forward to building with his Lego's.
Since Grandma Glenna is still confined we took some books and videos over to her. I also asked her to pre-read and evaluate a couple of books for us. "smile"


For the comfort of their home educating patrons, we think that libraries need to supply shopping carts! Since we checked out 59 items (they have a limit of 75!) we had to make several trips to the car. Next time we should just bring a rolling suitcase.

Happy Reading Everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I am savoring every last day of summer....all those books make me excited for school. Ooooooohhhhh the very smell of books!
Love,
Sherry

BH said...

I would love to know how you like the Deceptively Delicious cookbook. It intrigues me, especially because I do not generally like vegetables. :-)

Littlecarlotta said...

That's funny, I just checked Deceptively Delicous out of our library! I haven't had a chance to try any of the recipes yet, but I'm eager to see how they taste.
Aliza

~the gambill gals~ said...

A good reminder that we should visit the library again. May the Lord bless you as you begin another year of schooling.

Unknown said...

Our library actually has little mini shopping carts! ;)

Faith said...

When I was younger, we would check out the maximum amount possible. Now I don't have the time to read that much. ;)