Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Who's Smile??

Gretchen & Grandpa Sisson

So who does Alaina look like?

Kyle is the youngest child on the left there in this picture.

It seems with babies that is the most discussed topic. Everyone has an opinion.


Gretchen at about 5 months, Alaina's age right now.

It's fun when your siblings see your likeness in your child. After all, they grew up with you and saw you as you changed.

Gretchen

We grandparents also see glimpses of our kids in our grandchildren's faces.

Kyle on chair.

Gretchen and I

I'm not sure who she looks like. She doesn't remind me of Gretchen as a baby. To me she looks more like Kyle and his sweet mom. What do you think?

Kyle in the middle.

It's so much fun to watch her change.


Baby Feet

By Edgar Guest


Tell me what is half so sweet

As a baby’s tiny feet.

Pink and dainty as can be

Like a coral from the sea?

Talk of jewels strung in rows,

Gaze upon those little toes.

Fairer than a diadem,

With the mother kissing them!


It is morning and she lies

Uttering her happy cries,

While her little hands reach out

For the feet that fly about.

Then I go to her and blow

Laughter out of every toe;

Hold her high and let her place

Tiny footprints on my face.


Little feet that do not know

Where the winding roadways go,

Little feet that never tire,

Feel the stones or trudge the mire,

Still too pink and still too small

To do anything but crawl,

Thinking all their wanderings fair,

Filled with wonders everywhere.


Little feet, so rich with charm,

May you never come to harm.

As I bend and proudly blow

Laughter out of every toe,

This pray, that God above

Shall protect you with His love,

And shall guide those little feet

Safely down life’s broader street.


From the book Rhymes of Childhood 1924

4 comments:

Tete said...

Fun photos, oh we laughed, and I love the sweet poem...but I think Alaina is a mixture of both her mom and dad...Gretchen's eyes, Kyle's nose and both their cheeks.

Anonymous said...

I agree, she has more than one persons cheeks!

George and Krista said...

In a way, she looks like both of them and in a way, neither of them- she looks like herself :) I think she resembles both Kyle & Gretchen if you compare to the top two pictures of them as babies. Then again, babies look so different in photos than real life and I haven't seen her in person since a few hours after she was born :)

Krista

Anonymous said...

You are too funny, Jeri! I looked at Gretchen's site before yours and thought "gee, who does she look like?". I don't have a clue, really. But, she is a beautiful baby!

Jeri, when did we grow up and old? Remember college?

'Those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end. We thought we'd live forever and a day'...Joni Mitchell or Judy Collins. Heck that was, uh, the
70s.

It was so good to talk with you yesterday. You are a wonderful friend and, that, will never end.

Much love, S