Thursday, December 11, 2008

We are thinking Pink!

You know how each family has their quirky little traditions . . . . .

Well this is the quirky tradition that we girls in our family started a few years back. The guys all left us for a trip to South Africa early in December. (They should have known better!) We were decorating for Christmas and we came across this scruffy, really scruffy tree that the kids used to put up and decorate themselves. ( One year it was decorated with beanie babies!)

Since I have a small collection of pink decorations, we put it up in the dining room and used all pink and gold!

Since it's grandparents night tonight we just have to get our pink china out. Hum I'll have to come up with a menu worthy of all this pink. What would you serve??


PS Our family is thinking pink on a lot of different levels. "wink"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ham is pink, and you could make some sort of cranberry jello or relish. Hmm...what else....? I suppose you could make mashed potatoes and put red food coloring in them to make them pink! ;-)

~Faith

Gretchen said...

I vote for Taffy Apple Salad with Pink Lady apples. Somehow light, sweet and fluffy dishes go with pink in my mind. - GJ

Test said...

They have pink bread at the cake box...you could rolled up sandwiches.

You'll have to take pictures of your pink meal!

Anonymous said...

Grandparents night sounds wonderful!!
Please tell them hello for us!
Love the tree!
Blessings~
Sherry P.

The Hemmers said...

Strawberry something...jello? Hmm, desserts are much easier to think of than main dishes. How about peppermint stick pie? Chocolate cookie crumb crust, pink peppermint icecream, and a dollop of whipped cream and chocolate curls or crushed peppermint candy on top! (you could even make it white chocolate...)
~Melody

The Sisson Clan said...

I love all these pink food ideas! Whatever I don't get to during Christmas I think I'll have to have at Valentine's. YUM

Yes I do intend to keep my tree up at least that long. =)