Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Memories

This morning as I was standing at the sink, I was thinking about our Thanksgiving. The washing machine and drier in the next room were humming, stuffed with sheets and towels, dishrags and dish towels. (You know, there really is a wonderful smell of clean clothes drying. )

I was thinking of all the things I have to be thankful for after the Thanksgiving weekend.

I am thankful for piles of dishes that needed to be washed the evidence of family and friends with strong bodies and healthy appetites.















I am thankful for those who were willing to give up the comfort of their own beds to stay with us. I love to see sleepy faces emerge from bedrooms and fresh clean shining faces coming out from the showers to eat breakfast together.



















I am thankful for full bedrooms,
mattresses on the floor, portable cribs with napping babies, warm quilts and soft pillows.


















I am thankful for old friends, new friends. Favorite foods. Leftovers.


I am thankful for the sounds of laughter, Bible discussions, teasing, catching up and prayer.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Awww! WE were thankful to be a part of it all. It was so nice to spend time with everybody. What a delightful day!

Anonymous said...

Those are all wonderful resonances of staying with the Sisson family!!!
We're thankful for you!
Blessings`
SMP