Monday, November 10, 2008

My Weekend Exploits

I am blessed.
I spent the WHOLE weekend doing one of my favorite things!

Most of you will YAWN.

No problem. I'm not insulted.
It's a love that my grandmother passed on to me. She was REALLY good at this.


I got to sew!
I love sewing.

When I sew-- I can think complete thoughts, I can pray, I can listen to different speakers.

I come away from my machine refreshed.


This weekend I completed one top and partially made another. For a couple of years, I've been collecting classic Pooh fabric hoping some day to make baby quilts for Gretchen's children. (She likes Pooh. No one reads Milne like she does. You should hear her voices!)



I ended up making more than one top because I just couldn't decide which combination I liked best. That's even after drawing out the pattern and experimenting.

I'm sorry I can't yet show you my finished top. I don't want Gretchen to see it until it's finished.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

You're just trying to tantalize us, aren't you? CAN'T WAIT to see the whole thing.

I have so much cute pink - this really better be a girl. ;-)

Dawn said...

I share the same enjoyment of sewing! My daughter-in-law is due mid April, She will find out next month if it is boy or girl. That's when my machine will really start sewing!!! I love piecing tops, and I agree - it is so hard to decide what combinations you like best!:-)
Enjoy all the special moments of a Gramma-to-be,
Diane B

RM1(SS) (ret) said...

whisper
Pssst - Jeri! Send me an e-mail.
/whisper

alasdair.maciain@snet.net