Saturday, July 12, 2008

The second day

Sorry to all of you who have been waiting to hear more about my trip with Sandy down to Gretchen's, I have been a bit busy lately.

On Monday morning we had a great time of relaxing, doing
hair, looking at wedding pictures and teaching Sandy how to play Scum .
( I was the King a good part of the time. :-] )

In the afternoon we went and walked at Walnut Point State Park.


The antler tree.



Bambi! Well maybe not,
Sandy, "Miss Eagle Eyes" saw three deer.



OK...OK, now about the purple finger
You see G&K have a wonderful mulberry tree right by their house,
and I could not just let those mulberries go to waste, so
I made a pie. While I was cutting the stems off
of the mulberries, my finger got stained and I
deiced to make the most of my
Purple Finger. ;)

The purple finger reminded me of pictures you see in World magazine of people in other countries voting!


I had never had mulberries before, but now I like them.




Caught Red handed !!!
Some one else even got a nice looking fake bruise.




This picture is a little bit blurred but it is too cute to pass up.

Haley

1 comment:

The Hemmers said...

Too cute, Haley! Yes, mulberries are good (I can't believe you'd never had them before!), but black raspberries are even better!
~Melody