Monday, January 14, 2008

Poodle Skirt

We girls had the fun of making a poodle skirt. Haley needed one to wear at ICHE's Mid-winter Renewal. It had a 50's theme and all the girls that served wore poodle skirts.

Grandma Glenna remembers that she had a white skirt with a poodle outlined in black!

When we told her that we were making one, she said that it wouldn't count unless it was made from felt. Well it is! It's really a huge circle and so much fun to twirl around in.


Haley had a blast serving. It's always so much fun to dress up.

We loved our friend Stephanie's poodle skirt for bitty baby and herself. She inspired us to get our pictures up. I guess we'll have to think of a reason to have a 50s theme party of our own.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was fun to dress up in poodle skirts! I agree, we should create another occasion to wear them:)

Jessica

Unknown said...

Oh, memories! I was dying for a poodle skirt in elementary school--not sure why?! My mom made me a bright red felt skirt for my birthday and I thought it was the bomb!! =)

Yours is cute, Haley!

Littlecarlotta said...

I think the 50's style fits you well Haley, you look quite nice :)

Aliza

The Sisson Clan said...

Lisa,

Forgive my ignorance, does bomb mean good or bad???

Jeri

Anonymous said...

Your skirt is so pretty, Haley! :-)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Pink is your color, Haley!

Megan P.

Anonymous said...

You looked so cute Haley! Always smiley and cheerful!

~Mandie

Unknown said...

Ha!! Well, THE bomb is awesome! It's the best! If something "bombs" that wouldn't be good, but neither of these skirts (Haley's or mine) had that problem! Haley's skirt and her lovely appearance would definitely make her THE BOMB! I am aging quickly and I am sure no one uses that anymore....do they?? =) I've never been too hip anyway, so who knows?! =)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Sisson Clan said...

Lisa,

You are too cute. (Not close to old yet!)
I think we may have a new expression to use around our house.

Thanks! =)
JS

George and Krista said...

Hey Sisson Family,

Are you ready for the big day? 1 month from tomorrow!!! We are very excited for you :) Enjoy the last minute preparation b/c you'll never be able to re-live it again!

Anonymous said...

Is that a full skirt, Haley? I love full skirts (except in the wind!)!
If you didn't know about our blog, it's mandmholmes.blospot.com.


Noelle Holmes

Anonymous said...

Wedding stuff must be keeping you guys busy.

~TD