Friday, January 4, 2008

Lookie Lookie

I received the most wonderful Christmas present from my beloved husband. It came a couple of weeks after Christmas.

I should have known. . . . . . . . . . . . . . He kept running to the local builder's store.
I never asked why.
I never even wondered why.


Then last Saturday I came downstairs after working most of the morning in our upstairs bedroom. Everyone was acting VERY strange.

I didn't notice that all my big spice containers were out of the cabinet and on the table. (maybe that is indicative the the normal condition of the kitchen table) I didn't notice that all my white tea cups and saucers were stacked on the island. I didn't notice the tools all around. I hadn't even heard any hammering or drilling.

I did notice the funny way the kids were acting. After I quizzed them a bit they told me to look around. WOW! There was light, and it was GOOD!

Ken had installed lights under the cabinets. Now the dark corner of the kitchen, where we all work, is all lit up and we can easily see what we are doing!!!


I am so thankful for the thoughtful care of my sweet husband! Let there be light!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Ken.

7 comments:

Amber D.M. said...

What a wonderful surprise! I love light under the cupboards. In fact, that is mostly what I use for light when I'm in the kitchen cooking. It's less harsh than the overhead light, and adds homey-ness. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Jeri,
What a great idea! I love the lights! It is almost impossible to work in our kitchen at night. I will have to speak to Jim about this.
See you soon!
~Gina

Unknown said...

Oh, no! Ken has set the bar very high for the husbands of those of us still in dark kitchens! =) Maybe we can just invite them to read up on the blog?? Then again, they might hope for better kitchen production?! =) Enjoy being "in the light"!

Test said...

YIPEE! I love mine! They make a world of difference!

Anonymous said...

What a good idea for a Christmas present. Well chosen.

~TD

Anonymous said...

oh my!! When you were at our house did you notice that my kitchen (at least that corner) is just like yours??? Hope you are all doing well! Nice lights!
Sherry P.

The Sisson Clan said...

Sherry,

I didn't notice that you too had a kitchen dark corner. Hum. What I did notice was that your kitchen was sparkling. The food that we were served there was delicious, and that your daughters were happy and skilled working there. Your kitchen seemed to me to be the joyful center of your home. Hope we can enjoy some more of your friendly kitchen in the future.