Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Just Noticing

There are some things that I am being reminded of while down with the grandkids.

  • Parenting isn't for the weak of heart---or old people.
  • Farm fresh eggs have very yellow yokes.
  • I forgot about the fire hose potential of diaper changing.  
  • Cats prefer to sleep under the cars on the gravel rather than under the bushes in the soft dirt.
  • Toddlers have 3 times as much energy as grandparents.
  • I still love to look out on farmer's fields they are my favorite landscape.
  • There are few things as wonderful as the love of your family.

Talk to you later it is almost noon and I'm ready for a nap!!! 

3 comments:

Namaw Kak said...

Wonderful post.

Anonymous said...

Aww, Jeri such thoughtful ponderings and observations. As a new memaw myself I have to agree with you, it's so nice to love on 'em and then give 'em back when we can do no more. We relish that they nap, so we can too! smile When I helped with the triplets I left around noonish and went home to nap!! :-) Enjoy your visit and bring back some of Kyle's homemade anything. (GG Lainio filled me in on what you had for dinner Sunday) LOL xoxo lots of love

Anonymous said...

Amen to every thought (even the nap)
God is so good, grandchildren and country blessings, what a gift :-)

Diane B