Thursday, January 7, 2010

Belated !

Our Christmas was a wee bit scattered and belated this year. So we did some exchanging of gifts while K,G & A were here. It's always interesting because Gretchen's birthday is the 26th and Alaina's the 2nd. So there were some birthday moments as well.

We get to open presents???

We did this on January 2nd which was Alaina's 1st birthday! I love this goofy face she makes. "Nana smile"

She absolutely loved playing with this green card. She never tore it, just played with it.

We consumed these along with our fair share of the "Sisson generational sin"----- Kringle! Oooooo


Uncle Nate had a special present for Alaina.

It's Gloworm!

When Nate was little, Gloworm was the closest thing to a blankie that he had.

Awwww ----- she's giving it a hug.


Alaina was mesmerized by the cats out on the porch.

Hum . . . . . .

Haley's new decorations.

Finally! Thanks Grandpa
Don't you love the one sock on, one sock off?

A Birthday Card from Uncle Andrew. (He finds the nicest cards. I always save his.)
Oh fun --- Curious George
This was one of the few toys that she got that didn't make noise. Remember when no toys made noise?

You know in movies when they show you the "behind the scenes" (BTS) pictures? Well this is our behind the scenes with Alaina picture. "wink"



We also headed over to rehab to open presents with Dad. We took along a huge blanket for A to crawl around on. She loves being the center of attention and Grandma Glenna and Grandpa Bud gave her this rocking horse. Alaina was tickled with it and we loved watching her. I've never seen anything like it. It's a pink stuffed horse. When you squeeze its ear it talks, makes running noises and whinnies. Squeeze the other ear and it sings. Not only that it's mouth moves!

I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures there. Aargh. Alaina danced and clapped and rocked. What fun we had together. A blessed weekend full of family!!

4 comments:

Faith said...

Sounds like a busy, but fun, time together!

Anonymous said...

Aww, Jeri, do I remember toys that didn't make noise, YES. I also remember the horn set you gave Tommy when he was three! That was one he truly enjoyed and it's funny, I guess that I remember. You said it was "payback" or something...
I enjoyed all the pics of the family, thanks for sharing! Sue

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Fun to have made it on your blog...I think I see a tiny, tiny photo on the wall. :-)
Love,
Colleen

The Sisson Clan said...

Yes Colleen. That was a wonderful picture. I can't believe how much the kids have grown!!