Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thirty-three years!

In June we celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary. Here's a bit of a blast from the past.
Karl (Ken's bro) and Sue Brown
Sue, this one is just for you!



Gregg (my brother) and Ken






L-R
Bill Koss
Ken
Gregg Lainio
Karl Sisson








Grant & Barb Sisson

Bud & Glenna Lainio




Continue at your own risk!
The following pictures are important to family members.
I won't feel slighted if you skip them. Really.

My Grandmother: Ida Pauline Korthals Lainio

She taught me so much, cooking sewing and servant hood. I can't remember her complaining. She lived with our family and served us in so many ways. I know she loved us children. She also spent much time reading her Bible. She had a hunger for the Lord.


My Grandfather & his wife: JD Thomas and Floy
Papaw lived to be 99 years old.





My sweet Aunt Marylyn and her family. Uncle Tommy has gone to be with the Lord, but was always one of my favorites. Uncle TJ gave Ken a serious talking to before we married. I loved him for that.
Aunt Marilyn was also at Gretchen's wedding!





UncleBuck and Aunt Avalon. They were my Mom's Aunt and Uncle. He was such a sparkley stinker and she was as calm and steady as rain. "smile"


Boy the plaids in these pictures are scary!

Karilyn and Tom (Ken's sister)

Oh my don't they look YOUNG! They were married the year before that, maybe a year and a half.







Ken's cousins the Montroys and Jokersts.












Great Aunt Betsy. She was young at heart and full of enthusiasm. She was Grant's Aunt.

Aunt Dessa and Great Aunt Esther Mason.

After the kids were older we would visit Great Aunt Esther while Andrew had his violin lessons. She had been a missionary to the Navajos and in New Guinea. She had stories that would build your faith and make your hair stand on end at the same time! =) My favorite was the one about the insects that would lay it's eggs beneath your skin and the larva would enter your blood stream and come out on your eyeballs at night. Oh I thought mosquitoes were bad. Yikes



Ken's family and the outlaws. Back row: Jeri, Ken, Karl, Kay, Karilyn, and Tom
Front Ken's folks Grant and Barb






15 comments:

Faith said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved seeing the pictures!

Gretchen said...

How fun to get to see these pictures again! I especially enjoyed the family pictures and your comments. Can't wait to see some of the originals. ;-)

Tete said...

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful bride...and I love the plaid pants. We were so cool back then, weren't we? Your dress was so pretty. Great family, too.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I never realized how much you look like your mom, Haley!

~Noelle

Anonymous said...

Thanks for those precious memories. I'm gonna have Tom and Tommy look at them. I'm sure they will enjoy seeing them. Ahem, after 33 years it has just occurred to me that Mr and Mrs Sisson named all their children with the first initial K. What was that all about, do you know? I loved those dresses. Thanks for asking me to be in your wedding. What a privlege! and what a blessing to see these pics after all that time. Love you all. Sue

Bev (Oakland) said...

Thirty-three years! How wonderful! I loved looking at the pictures. What a beautiful bride and handsome groom. You have raised a beautiful family. Congratulations!

~Justin&Meg~ said...

those are great! wow, I really think Nate looks like you! the plaid is fun...maybe it'll be back, sometime! Ha! Happy Anniversary!

~the gambill gals~ said...

Happy Anniversary! May the Lord continue to bless your marriage and your family!

How fun to remember the stylish dresses of our past. :)

Anonymous said...

What a cool blast from the past!! I really enjoyed all these pics! So lovely and cute to see your mom and dad and Sue from way back when. We have you beat though - 40 years as of June 7. Oh, my, a whole generation, LOL.

Love,
Lynne Lavinder

Kristi Michelle Photography said...

How FUN!!!! Haley looks just like you, Aunt Jeri! :) I LOVED the picture of Mr. and Mrs. Jones! *grin* hehehe.
So fun to see wedding pictures from the past!

Unknown said...

Oh, these were fun!! I'd never have guessed you married in the 70's if you hadn't mentioned it. *wink*

I am surprised at how much your kids look like your siblings...the one of your brother and Ken's sister. Fun!

Anonymous said...

Blast from the past was fun to see! Congratulations you two!!!

~Gina

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you, for 33 years of marriage! Mom and Donna catered your wedding and I heard all about it, we were living in AL at the time or I'm sure I would have been there...wouldn't that have been fun!

May the Lord bless you for years to come. Julie

Dawn said...

Happy Anniversary! We enjoyed taking the peek 'back in time' ;) May the Lord continue to bless you as you grow even closer to Him in the years to come! :)
~Dawn for the Family

Anonymous said...

I love seeing those photos!!
What a great marriage the Lord has blessed you both with. All praise to Him!
Love,
Sherry