Monday, August 4, 2008

Gone Home

My dear dear friend Colleen has gone Home. She passed from this world Saturday afternoon August 2nd.

I've tried to post this for several days now and just haven't been able to. Anything that I write seems meager compared to the wealth of having had Colleen's friendship. She has impacted my life, and the lives of so many.

Here's a glimpse of her sweet and godly life through her own writings. She wrote this right after being diagnosed with cancer.

The good news is, the peace of God surrounds us and we are doing well. I am loathe to leave my beloved family quite yet, and we will stare down and challenge this foe with all our might. But, if the Lord will be calling me Home soon, please know that it is well with my soul.

I have loved you all so much. You mean so much to our family.

We thank you in advance for coming alongside us in prayer; to hold up our arms when they grow weary.

We are trusting God for His matchless grace and His endless provision for all our needs. He is so much kinder to me than I deserve.

Please pray especially for my cherished husband and children. This will be hardest on them. May the Lord keep them and comfort them as only He can. I thank you so much for loving us and for being there for them, come what may.


I can't begin to say how much we will miss her. I am so thankful for the seeds she planted in my life and the living example of Christ that she has been to me.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Colleen has indeed touched us all in many, many ways. The Lord has planted SO many seeds through her that will continue to grow, bloom and blossom as the years go by.

Glad to see you all today as we gathered to celebrate a dear Sister's Home Coming and shared blessed tears of joy and sadness together.

~The Beatty's

Anonymous said...

My heart aches for your loss, Geri. You were indeed blessed in friendship! love~ Sherry

Anonymous said...

Dear Aunt Geri! Please know we are thinking of you all.. it is always so difficult to loose a close and dear friend. What a joy to know she is in the presence of the Savior rejoicing in perfection!