Tuesday, March 6, 2012

You just HAVE to read this book!

 

As I was talking with my friend Sherry K about Uganda she asked if I had read this book.  I hadn't.  Then I found it on Amazon when I was ordering something else.  

It is the story of a young American woman and what the Lord does in and through her as she "works" in that country.  I thought that since Andrew is in Uganda that I should read it.  I am so glad that I did.  

On one level it helps me to understand what Andrew is facing everyday.  I hardly can imagine.  I shutter to think of it.  On the other hand I am challenged, encouraged, convicted.  I cried my way through the book.  After reading it, my faith has been refreshed.  I find myself hungering and thirsting for more of the Lord.   
It comes at a perfect time in our family's adventure.  We have just moved.  We are in a neighborhood for the first time in many years.  I have been seeking the Lord for my new neighbors.  My heart swells with excitement to see what the Lord has in mind.  I find myself trembling and saying Yes Lord, Yes Lord, yes yes yes.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

When you are done, I'll have to borrow it!

~the gambill gals~ said...

Oh yes! I checked out her blog and we watched the video on there. I'm really looking forward to reading the book!

Grandma Glenna gg said...

thanks my dear daughter for recommending the book. I would love to have her youth and her zeal to love everyone who needs her. Kate is a wonderful daughter of the King. I loved reading the book. Yes, her stories really gives some insight into that culture and the poverty there. I pray that God will provide for the people there and help them to want to improve their lives which can only come through the Lord. MOM