Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Belated Christmas Post - - - - - well sort of

I was trying to save a bit of money at Christmas this year and got this fun idea. I decided to make pillowcases for all my nieces and nephews.



For years I have collected fabrics that tickle my fancy. . . . . . hoping that some day I would get the time to turn them into quilts or clothing. I have quite the stash

Oh I had so much fun!!







I used all my brightest, or cutest or wildest fabrics to make these goofy pillowcases.


On the website for Quiltmaker magazine you can find the free directions. =)

I had everything on hand and just went to town. ( nice idiom huh Najah?)


There are snowmen, fish, martians, aprons, aliens, flowers and bears on them.
(the bear one says I'd rather be sailing)


Then I found pillows 2 for $5.00. They were a little short but still perfect for what I needed.


The only one that isn't pictured is the one for Becca that I made with reproduction 30's fabric. I especially liked the part of hers that was that wonderful
Pepto-Bismal pink color.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are adorable. What are the instructions to make these?
MrsM

The Sisson Clan said...

Dear MrsM I'm so glad that you enjoyed them. I will put up the directions because they were a little bit hard to find on the website.
Blessings--
Jeri

Unknown said...

Fun idea!

Littlecarlotta said...

What a wonderful use for a fabric stash! I have so many pieces that would be just big enough for a pillow case.