Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sledding

I was out yesterday shoveling for a couple of hours and I noticed that it would be a perfect day for making a jump because tomorrow it was going to freeze. I would be able to use my stand up sled. So I built it that night.

Now that the jump has frozen I can show you some pictures of it.

It looks painful when you land but it really isn't painful. That's because when you land it's all ice so you slide instead of just going splat.

New heights to it all!!

A little bit of a twist to it. It's kind of hard to do, but it's easier when you are on your knees to turn the sled around in mid air. I was able to do it and even land it. After I landed it . . . . I slid and crashed! Fortunately not into the camera man.

Your courageous sledder Matthew. :-)


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Nice jump Matthew!!!
Evan usually manages to get me out sledding once or twice a year. We like to do it at night which is really pretty with the moon shining on the snow, but it is a little more dangerous :) :)
Natalie

Anonymous said...

Cool jump, Matthew! That's something my brothers would do.. I haven't been sledding in a long time!

Jessica

Anonymous said...

Sledding looks like fun! :-)
Here in North Carolina we haven't had any snow.. in fact the temperatures have been in the 70's lately!

Unknown said...

You make those of us in Southern regions jealous!! That looks like fun! I think the landing might still be painful for us older people...but maybe worth it?? =)

Lisa

The Sisson Clan said...

Oh Kristen! That's unbelievable. Are you having trouble believing that it's winter?? If we could we'd send you some snow! =)

Mrs. S

Anonymous said...

If all work and no play makes Matthew a dull boy, what does all play in a ton of snow do?

~TD

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do have a hard time believing it's winter with the warm weather here! :-) The weather is supposed to get cooler soon... but for now I'm enjoying the nice temperatures. :-) (It's in the 60's now.)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun, Matthew. Don't any of your siblings join you for playing in the snow? We love sledding, and with some of our friends we participate in what we call "Extreme sledding". Let's just say that most of the time I watch. :-)